‘Sparkling’ is a clean, modern, flat design theme developed using Bootstrap. The frontend framework optimizes this theme for smartphones, tablets, desktops, and other devices. The pixel-perfect design, awesome widgets, and a full-screen slider stand out among WordPress themes. It has a premium look and feels that can’t be confused with anything in the market.
This is an ideal theme for personal and corporate websites in health, fitness, education, finance, business, travel, web design, marketing, or any other niche. The theme is SEO friendly with Schema compatible structure that will make Google love your website. The theme supports most if not all free and premium plugins such as Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7, SEO by Yoast, W3 Total Cache, and many more.
Sparkling theme is eCommerce ready, thanks to its WooCommerce integration.
We are open to suggestions on making the Sparkling theme become the next big thing. If you feel that you know how to improve this theme even more, please let us know on the support forum or via Twitter.
Sparkling is a free WordPress theme, and it doesn’t have a built-in drag and drop page builder. That’s where premium WordPress blog themes come into play.
Sparkling is one of the most popular WordPress themes ever released with millions of downloads worldwide. Colorlib has been involved in theme development for over a decade and we have created many other free WordPress themes.
- Added WooCommerce support
- Removed legacy code
- Improved layout manager
- Added options for sticky/fixed navigation.
= 2.1.1 =
- Removed redundant function
= 2.1.0 =
- Added WP-PageNavi support
- Fixed option for comment section on static pages
- Fixed problem with French translation
= 2.0 =
- Removed Options Framework in favor to WordPress Theme Customizer. Be careful with this update as it might break things.
- Added layout selector for individual posts/pages.
- Other code cleanups and improvements.
= 1.9.3 =
- Improved menu color customization options
- Prepared theme for WordPress 4.3 update.
= 1.9.2 =
- Fixed minor bug with attachment pages.
- Fixed minor bug with navigation submenu color on mobile devices.
- Other menu styling improvements
- Added Simplified Chinese thanks to KagurazakaKotori
= 1.9.1 =
- Fixed two minor bugs in custom theme widgets
= 1.9.0 =
- Introduced option to change full content vs excerpt for blog page.
- New option to disable comments on static pages via Customizer
- Removed redundant search form override
- Added Spotify icon
- Updated FontAwesome library to 4.3
- Added Indonesian translation
= 1.8.5 =
- Properly escaped all translation strings
- Updated translation files
= 1.8.3 =
- Added Czech translation
- Added Ukrainian translation thanks to Vladyslav
- Added Traditional Chinese thanks to ShuChun
= 1.8.2 =
- Fixed overlapping CSS selectors when using tag called “navigation”.
- Improved coding for author box below post content
- Author box is now visible only if there is a author bio/description to show.
= 1.8.1 =
- Removed accidently added string from header.php
= 1.8.0 =
- Updated Options Framework
- Improved theme translation support
- Added support for WPML multilingual plugin
- Other code tweaks and cleanups
- Added Lithuanian translation
= 1.7.12 =
- Updated Bootstrap framework to 3.3.4
- Fixed comment layout on mobile when multiple levels of comments are present
= 1.7.11 =
- Added Japanese translation
= 1.7.10 =
- Added Bulgarian translation thanks to @pbosakov
= 1.7.9 =
- Added Turkish translation thanks to Ender İskender
= 1.7.8 =
- Improved favicon functionality. Now loaded in WordPress dashboard and frontend.
= 1.7.7 =
- Fixed minor problems with newly introduced title-tag
= 1.7.6 =
- Theme now uses “title-tag” that was introduced with WordPress 4.1
- Updated Bootstrap to 3.3.2
= 1.7.5 =
- Removed front-page.php template. Instead you can use full-width or regular page template on frontpage
- Small code cleanup
- Updated Bootstrap classes for full-width template
- Updated Russian translation
= 1.7.1 =
- Updated Bootstrap to v3.3.1
= 1.7.0 =
- Updated Bootstrap to 3.3.0
- Updated Font Awesome icons to 4.2.0
= 1.6.3 =
- Improved Child Theme support
- Added GitHub Icon
= 1.6.2 =
- Added Romanian translation thanks to Bogdan Patru
= 1.6.1 =
- Added Skype URI support for icons
- Added Persian language thanks to Robert Nicjoo
- Added Portuguese (Portugal) translation thanks to Vasco Cruz
= 1.6.0 =
- Added Portuguese translation thanks to Lucas Mandelli
- Updated Bootstrap to 3.2
- Added more flexibility to slider functions via functions.min.js file.
- Fixed problems with IE 10 & 11
- Updated modernizer
- Added bbPress support
- Improved theme responsiveness
= 1.5.1 =
- Updated German translations
- Added another German translation with more polite form thanks to Steffen Lober
= 1.5.0 =
- Improved Child Theme support
- Recreated Social Icons
- Added SoundCloud and Vimeo icons
- Recreated default WordPress gallery support
- Improved code consistency in extra.php file
- Several other code improvement for main theme functions
- Recreated logic behind color in Theme Options. Now these settings provides with more flexibility.
- Added German translations thanks to Bernd Schray
= 1.4.2 =
- Fixed problem with mobile navigation
- Improved customization options for Navigation bar
- Defined default social icon color.
= 1.4.1 =
- Added Russian translation thanks to Evgeny Able
- Improved Child Theme support
- Updated Dutch translation
= 1.4.0 =
- Fixed next/previous button placement on mobile devices.
- Improved full-width page layout.
- Added Polish translation thanks to jerry1333
- Added Dutch translation thanks to Niels Hoogenhout
- Updated Options Framework to 1.8.0
- Updated FontAwesome to 4.1
= 1.3.0 =
- Added foursquare icon in Sparkling social widget and footer.
- Added Italian translation thanks to Achille D’Aniello
- Added French translation thanks to Antoine Lorence
- Updated translations files
- Updated 404 error page (404.php)
- Improved WordPress default galleries
- Added different content width for full-width pages.
= 1.2.0 =
- Added Spanish translation thanks to Hugo
- Added Modernizr for better HTML5 and CSS3 support
= 1.1 =
- Removed all traces from Underscore template that weren’t replaced already. Theme is still based on Underscore but removed some strings to avoid confusion.
= 1.0.4 =
- Changed Author URI.
- Added right heading tag for default widgets
= 1.0.1 =
- Social network urls are now properly escaped using “esc_url”
- Added licensing information for images in theme screenshot
- Updated screenshot
- Improved wp_register_style for Google fonts to be compatible with SSL
- Removed do_shortcodes from extras.php which falls under plugin territory
- Fixed missing .js error.
= 1.0 =
- Initial release